GRIP will be held at La Roche College in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for two different weeks:
- Sunday, June 23 to Friday, June 28, 2019
- Sunday, July 14 to Friday, July 19, 2019
Sign up for email notifications in the subscription box (on this page) to learn more details as they become available! If you have never been to GRIP, you can enter your contact information ahead of time into the registration system. (Be careful about the spelling of your email as that is where confirmations are sent and how the system will recognize you when you register.)
PROPOSALS FOR COURSES are taken through March each year for the proposed summer institute fifteen months later. For summer 2019 this date is March 30, 2018. Proposals include:
- coordinator’s name and contact info,
- a short narrative of why this course should be presented at GRIP (such as need, intended audience, where that market comes from, etc.),
- where this course has been presented before or is scheduled to be presented
- any student pre-requisites,
- outline of eighteen progressive sessions with titles and a sentence or two that describes each session,
- who else might be teaching in your course (commitments not necessary for proposal),
- any other teaching techniques, classroom type, or other requirements.
- Email to GRIPitt@gmail.com
Course Coordinator Timeline
- by March (year before): Proposals are taken for courses (see above).
- April (year before): Letters of agreement to present a course are issued to course coordinators
- May (year before): The following year’s courses are announced at the National Genealogical Society conference.
- October (year before): Course descriptions are due detailing course prerequisites, the schedule for eighteen sessions and bonus sessions (if any), the session titles and descriptions, and guest instructors; bios and photos are also due.
- May (year of): Syllabus material is due from the course coordinator of the entire course