GRIP students will have some special evening events just for them which will be included on the schedule in their syllabus.
EVENING PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC.
Maia’s Bookstore will set up a store in the College Center Square next to the La Roche College cafeteria. The public is welcome to peruse the books at any time during GRIP week from Monday morning through Thursday evening at 7 p.m.
Take a look at all the unusual and useful genealogy, social history, children’s, maps, and other historical books of interest at www.MaiasBooks.com.
We wish to thank the sponsoring societies for making the following lectures available. Please visit their website through the links provided. Speaker biographies are available under the Faculty tab.
2015 Evening Lectures begin at 7 p.m. each evening and are held in the College Center of the La Roche College campus. They are open to the public.
Monday, June 29, 2015: Jane Wilcox will present “Finding American Women’s Voices through the Centuries: Letters, Journals, Newspapers, and Court Records” sponsored by the New York Genealogical and Biographical Society. Women from the seventeenth through the twentieth centuries are challenging to uncover, but we may hear their voices in the documents that recorded their lives.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015: Judy G. Russell, CG, CGL, will give a presentation sponsored by the North Hills Genealogists.
Wednesday, July 1, 2015: TBD
Thursday, July 2, 2015: TBD
Monday, July 20, 2015: TBD
Tuesday, July 21, 2015: TBD sponsored by the North Hills Genealogists.
Thursday, July 23, 2015: TBD
MAP OF THE CAMPUS:
Evening Lectures are held in College Center Square in the “Cafeteria” building.
THE FOLLOWING WERE 2014 Evening Lectures:
- Monday, 21 July 2014: DIVORCE RECORDS IN GENEALOGICAL RESEARCH presented by Pamela Stone Eagleson, CG, Sponsored by Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society
- Tuesday, 22 July 2014: EVALUATING WEB SITES presented by Cyndi Ingle of “Cyndislist.com”, Sponsored by North Hills Genealogists
- Wednesday, 23 July 2014, 7 pm: THE MAKING OF ST. JOHN’S BIBLE presented by Sister Michele Bisbey, CDP, Ph. D., Sponsored by La Roche College
- Wednesday, 23 July 2014, about 8 pm: SPECIAL CHALLENGES OF JEWISH RESEARCH presented by Israel Pickholtz.
- Wednesday, 23 July 2014, 9 pm: WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? Season Premiere. Group viewing of the show.
- Thursday, 24 July 2014: USING NARA’s FINDING AIDS AND WEBSITE presented by Pam Boyer Sayre, CG, CGL, Sponsored by Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
THE FOLLOWING WERE 2013 Evening Lectures:
Monday, July 22, 2013: WHAT IS A “REASONABLY EXHAUSTIVE” SEARCH? presented by Michael Hait, CG, Sponsored by the Great Lakes Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists
Tuesday, July 23, 2013: READ ALL ABOUT YOUR ANCESTORS BY LOCATING HISTORIC NEWSPAPERS presented by Angela Packer McGhie; Followed by the premier showing of “Who Do You Think You Are?” on cable-TV. Sponsored by North Hills Genealogists
Thursday, July 25, 2013: presentation by Michael Hait, CG, Sponsored by Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania
THE FOLLOWING WERE 2012 EVENING LECTURES:
- MONDAY, July 23, 2012, 7:30 PM “Telling the Tales: Writing Your Family Narrative” presented by Pamela Stone Eagleson, CG, Sponsored by the Great Lakes Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists
- TUESDAY, July 24, 2012, 6:30 PM “Google Earth for Genealogists” presented by Pamela Boyer Sayre, CG, CGL, and Richard G. (Rick) Sayre, CG. Sponsored by the North Hills Genealogists.
- WEDNESDAY, July 25, 2012, 6:30 PM “Pennsylvania Research” presented by Richard G. (Rick) Sayre, CG, Sponsored by the Western Pennsylvania Genealogical Society.
- THURSDAY, July 26, 2012, 7:30 PM “Dating Your Family Photographs” by Bruce Klein of Photo Antiquities. Sponsored by the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania.