GRIP typically is held at La Roche College in Pittsburgh, PA, the last week of June and the third week of July each year.
Offered June 26, 2016 to July 1, 2016 at La Roche College, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
- “Family Archiving: Heirlooms in the Digital Age” with Denise May Levenick
- “Finding Your German Ancestors” with Warren Bittner, CG, Baerbel Johnson, AG
- “Fundamentals of Forensic Genealogy in the 21st Century” with Cathi Desmarais, CG, Kelvin Meyers, and Michael Ramage, J.D., CG
- “Mastering the Art of Genealogical Documentation” with Thomas W. Jones, Ph.D., CG, CGL, FASG
- “Pennsylvania: Research in the Keystone State” with Sharon MacInnes, Ph.D. and Michael Lacopo, D.V.M
- “Women and Children First! Research Methods for the Hidden Members of the Family” with Judy G. Russell, J.D., CG, CGL
Offered July 17-22, 2016 at La Roche College, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania:
- “Advanced Genetic Genealogy” with CeCe Moore
- “Diving Deeper into New England: Advanced Strategies for Success” with D. Joshua Taylor, MA, MLS
- “From Confusion to Conclusion: How to Write Proof Arguments” with Harold Henderson, CG and Kimberly Powell
- “Intermediate Genealogy: Tools for Digging Deeper” with Paula Stuart-Warren, CG, FUGA
- “Practical Genetic Genealogy” with Debbie Parker Wayne, CG, CGL and Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
- “Researching in Italian Records” with Melanie D. Holtz, CG
FOR DESCRIPTIONS of the above courses see the COURSES tab in the menu ribbon.
Past Years’ Milestones:
2015: Our first year in which two separate weeks (each with six courses) were offered both on the La Roche College campus, one the last week of June and the other the third week of July. The polo shirt color was burgundy.
2014: Our first year in which we offered two separate weeks in two different locations, one in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with six courses in July and one in Orchard Lake, Michigan, with four courses in August. The polo shirt color for women was French blue and for men, royal blue.
2013: Our first year in which we offered six courses at La Roche College, Pittsburgh. The 2013 courses have photos and detailed course schedules. The polo shirt color was aqua.
2012: Our first year in which we offered four courses at La Roche College, Pittsburgh. The 2012 courses pages have photographs and course descriptions. Group photos are also available. The polo shirt color was turquoise.